Building Outdoor Learning in Durham (“BOLD”) is a strong network of educators working together to bring outdoor opportunities to the students of Durham Public Schools. Each month, BOLD meets to discuss new opportunities, share successes, and continue to grow the outdoor learning network of Durham.
Below is a list of past and future BOLD meeting dates. Click here for past BOLD meeting notes.
- September 23, 2020
- October 29, 2020
- November 19, 2020
- December 17, 2020
- January 26, 2021
We want to help keep you updated on grant opportunities for funding that will help you grow your outdoor classroom space! Below is a link to a working document of upcoming grants. Please remember when applying for grant money, you are not competing with your peers! We are approaching outdoor learning with a common goal of connecting students to the outdoors, so don’t let a scarcity mindset keep you from applying for funding.
Outdoor Learning Resources
This is a working list of resources for school gardens, outdoor learning spaces, and more.
- NC State Extension: Farm to Childcare resources
- DPS Science K-5 Lessons
- Resources for Outdoor Classroom Day (November 5th)
- Cornell Lab’s Science and Nature Activities
- Out Teach Lesson Database – DPS’s partner in Outdoor Learning PD
- NC Environmental Ed Resources (choose COVID-19 Ed Support under “Resource Type”) – brace yourself for a lot of resources!
- Toronto Outdoor Education Schools – Learn From Home