College Level Summer Internship
The DPS Hub Farm is seeking a college level intern for 10 weeks in the summer. This 25-hour/week unpaid internship will run from June 1 – August 10, 2016. The intern will receive free Hub Farm organic produce throughout the summer as compensation and will gain tremendous skills in volunteer coordination, sustainable farming, and environmental education.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Coordinate and schedule field trips, volunteer groups, and monthly Saturday workdays.
- Assist Hub Farm farmers and staff in the operational needs of the Hub Farm including growing sustainable vegetables, fruits, and herbs; and working with volunteers, students, and public groups that frequent the farm for educational days.
- Provide a consistent social media presence for the Hub Farm
- Write and distribute a monthly newsletter using Mail Chimp
- Computer and social media literate
- Passion for education, outdoor environments, and food system work that serves a diverse community
- Well organized, great verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with gardening, farming and outdoor education
- Enjoy being a hands-on team player with Hub Farm staff, volunteers, interns and students
- Detail oriented towards records management, financial accountability and interest in following organic and GAP standards
- Basic equipment operation
- Ability to follow common safety and health standards when working with fresh produce and students
To apply, please send resume and brief letter of interest to email@example.com.